MINISTRIES AT ST.JOHN NEUMANN PARISH THAT SUPPORT THOSE IN NEED:
We invite you to seek the support of, or provide support to, any of these ministries. Please note that some may be suspended or curtailed due to the COVID pandemic.
- Healing – The Healing ministry brings Communion to those unable to attend Mass. Healing@sjnparish.org
- Communion Ministers in our ‘Homebound team’ bring the Holy Eucharist to parishioners who are homebound.
- Communion Ministers in our ‘Quadrangle team’ visits the Quadrangle assisted living and rehabilitation facility every Thursday to bring the Holy Eucharist to the homebound.
- Communion Ministers in our ‘Bryn Mawr Hospital team’ visit the hospital after Sunday morning Mass on rotation with area churches to bring the Holy Eucharist to the sick.
- H.O.P.E. – The Helping Other People in Emergency ministry is available to help parishioners in times of need with transportation assistance. Hope@sjnparish.org
- Respect Life – This ministry creates and runs events to increase awareness of the vulnerable and to aid organizations that support them. Every year, the Respect Life Bake Sale raises awareness and funds for organizations that support the vulnerable from conception to natural death. The team also sponsors our parish Healing Mass each October; those in need receive the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick. Respect-Life@sjnparish.org
- Caring for Friends – Parishioners prepare home-made meals and deliver them to Caring For Friends in Philadelphia to be distributed to the homebound and hungry in our wider community. CaringForFriends@sjnparish.org
- Good Samaritan – This group of parishioners help others in times of need and crisis with short-term financial support. Good-Samaritan@sjnparish.org
- Interfaith Hospitality Network – The parish facilities are opened to welcome IHN families who are in transition towards independence. Parishioners support the families with meals and with an on-site presence, extending friendship and support. email@example.com
- St. John Neumann parish sponsors other events to support those in need:
- Manna food collection is held each May;
- School Supplies are given by parishioners every September to aid students at our sister parish in Philadelphia;
- Mass of Remembrance takes place each November to remember those who have passed in the prior year and to bring comfort to those who are grieving from this loss;
- Turkeys to the Table occurs the Sunday before Thanksgiving when parishioners bring turkeys and other items to make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner – all items are delivered to three organizations who distribute to families in need;
- Gifts of Warmth occurs each Advent to share Christmas gifts of sweaters, coats, pajamas and related warm clothing for adults at our sister parish in Philadelpia;
- Various ministries also lead focused drives in their teams to gather items needed by those in the larger Philadelphia community.