Join us as we read Mother Teresa — Come Be My Light. The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”
Mother Teresa, a saint of and for our times.
See below for reading focus, notes & updates.
“If I ever become a Saint–I will surely be one of ‘darkness.’ I will continually be absent from Heaven–to light the light of those in darkness on earth.”
Edited and with Commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.
Book Club Notes for Mother Teresa — Come Be My Light:
- Sept. 27th: Team Notes: Preface, Introduction and Chapter 1 (29 pages).
- Oct. 11th: Team Notes: Chapter Two (11 pages) and Chapter Three (15 pages).
- Nov. 1st: Team Notes: Chapter Four (15 pages) and Chapter Five (26 pages).
- Nov. 8th: Chapter Six (19 pages) and Chapter Seven (26 pages).
- Nov. 15th: Join us as we watch a movie on Mother Teresa, “The Letters”. 9:30 – 11:00 am in the Gathering Room.
- Nov. 22nd: Chapter Eight (29 pages) and Chapter Nine (30 pages).
- Dec. 6th: Chapter Ten (27 pages) and Chapter Eleven (32 pages).
- Dec. 20th: Chapter Twelve (33 pages), Chapter Thirteen (34 pages), Conclusion (6 pages) and Appendices as desired.
Book Club Notes from Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Thérèse of Lisieux:
- July 19th: Team Notes: ‘Prologue’ and Chapter 1 (~25 pages).
- July 26th: Team Notes: ‘Epilogue’ and Chapter 2 (~27 pages).
- Aug. 2nd: Team Notes: Chapters 3 & 4 (~38 pages).
- Aug. 9th: Team Notes: Chapters 5 & 6 (~45 pages).
- Aug. 16th: Team Notes: Chapters 7 & 8 (~31 pages).
- Aug. 23rd: Team Notes: Chapters 9 & 10 (~39 pages).
- Aug. 30th: Team Notes: Chapter 11 (~29 pages).
- Sept. 6th: Team Notes: Wrap-up Discussion Final Session: Appendices and discussion of thoughts and take-aways.
- Small group discussion: Fridays, starting 7/19, 9:30 – 11:00 am; Meehan Conference Room (adjacent to Gathering Room where Hospitality is held).
- Follow Remotely: info available weekly in church and on this page.
- Register (helps us to prepare materials for distribution at meetings & in church): firstname.lastname@example.org Rectory: (610) 525-3100.